Indiana is home to the Hoosiers, this is what residents of Indiana are called. Asides from leading the U.S. in manufacturing job growth and the love for basketball Indiana is a fun place to be.
Regardless of whether you are a resident or a visitor from another city, there are a variety of events you can attend to add some color to your life while in Indiana.
There are hundreds of events to see but I have shortened the list to comprise 10 important events you can’t afford to miss. Read on to know all about these events.
Just so you know, more than 90% of the largest basketball auditoriums in the United States can be found in high schools in Indiana.
Without much ado, let’s get started on the list.
- The Asian Fest: Who says you have to travel to Asia before you enjoy their rich culture? The free event hosted in Indiana is perfect for you and your family. See here for places in east central Indiana.
- The Lights Over Morse Lake Festival: attended by over 10,000 people annually, this is a free event funded by donations and volunteers. It’s a perfect place to meet new people and create a memorable experience.
- Indianapolis 500 Festival: With this event, there is something for everyone. Over 50 programs+events are organized annually spanning different activities like mini-marathon, parades, and events for kids.
- Indiana State Fair: This is a 17-day annual event held in the month of August. First held in October 1852, the Indiana state fair is arguably the most popular event in the state. Of the many competitions that take place at the fair, 4-H seems to be the one with the most participation.
The Indiana state fair is the place to be for anyone who is fond of livestock, gardening, or other educational exhibitions. It is important to know that smoking is only allowed in specific areas, you are not permitted to smoke at the main fair.
- Bean Blossom Bluegrass Festival: held at the historic Bill Monroe Music Park & Campground Indiana. It also boasts of one of the largest campsites in southern Indiana, you may want to lodge for a few days to enjoy the scenery this place has to offer.
- Indy Jazz Festival: Are you a lover of local art, jazz music, and great food? Held yearly in Indianapolis, the indy jazz festival offers you the opportunity to enjoy exciting live performances of jazz musicians around the world.
- Kroger Symphony on the Prairie: on its 39th-year run, this event promises you the best outdoor orchestra experience.
- Middle Waves Music Festival: this musical festival happens every September each year. This is where you will enjoy music, dance, culture, food, art, and all things creative simultaneously in Indiana.
- The Indianapolis Zoo Race: Have you witnessed a turtle race before? No? Visit the Indianapolis zoo to experience this wonder.
- The Covered Bridge Festival: with over 30 bridges, this event takes place for 10 days and you will experience great food while learning more information about the covered bridges.