If you are living in Las Vegas, you already what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Popularly acclaimed as Nevada’s largest city and as foremost entertainment hub in this global village. Las Vegas offer diverse opportunities for its inhabitants.
If you live here already, you probably know about all there is to know about Vegas but for someone who is just thinking or in the process of moving down to “sin city” let me introduce you.
In this article you will be finding out tidbits ranging from how Vegas in state income tax free to how you can get your social security card replacement las vegas.
- No doubt, one of the biggest reasons why you or anyone would want to come down to Vegas is because out of all the states in the United States, Las Vegas is one of the selected few where individuals and businesses alike don’t pay state income tax.There is a saying that no one pays tax with a smile on their face. So if you want to give less of your money to tax, Vegas is the place to be.
- It may also surprise you that despite the glamorous lifestyle in Vegas (it isn’t called the Sin City for no reason). The cost of living here is one of the lowest in the whole country.
According to a survey, the overall costs of living here are only 6% above the national average with health care, housing, groceries and transportation sitting just above the national average. Meanwhile, the cost of utilities in Vegas is actually 9% lower than the national average.
These are just some of the numerous reasons why you may want to move down to Vegas. You may also be concerned about your eligibility for social security if you move down to this great city.
In the ensuing paragraphs, you will find out more about the classes of individuals who don’t qualify for social security benefits.
- Individuals who don’t earn enough social security credits: the minimum number of credits you must accumulate to qualify for social security benefits is 40 credits— which can be earned over a time frame of 10 years.
- Individuals who retire in certain countries are not eligible for social security benefits: after your active years in service, you should carefully consider where you want to spend your remaining years. Individuals who retire in countries like Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cuba, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, North Korea, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, or Vietnam will not receive benefit payments but for you who decided to retire in Vegas! You will receive your payments promptly.
- Tax evaders: this is common for individuals who are self employed. Self employed pay taxes when they file their annual returns with the Government. But such workers would not be eligible for social security benefits if they do not pay social security taxes.
The simple principle is that you will get benefits payout only if you have paid into the system. These solutions are built by great software houses.
Moving down to Vegas any time soon? I wish you a safe trip and of course you will enjoy every bit of your star!